Fire and Life Safety Director F-89 Course
Released by the FDNY on February 1, 2018
To print the FLSD Curriculum Manual, click here.
The Fire and Life Safety Directors are required in office buildings and in hotels and in other buildings that have voluntarily installed fire alarm systems with two-way voice communication.
FLSD candidates must attend the three separate components listed below to obtain the FLSD Certificate of Fitness F-89, as follows:
Fire Emergency Component (Fire Safety)
This topic consists of a minimum of 20 hours of fire emergency related instructions. Click here for additional information and the Class Schedule.
Active Shooter and Medical Emergency Preparedness Component
These topics consist of a minimum of 4 hours of active shooter/medical emergency related instructions. Click here for additional information and the Class Schedule.
Non-Fire Emergency Component (EAP)
This topic consists of a minimum of 7 hours of non-fire emergency related instructions. Click here for additional information and the Class Schedule.
CURRENT F-25, F-58 & F-59 CERTIFICATE OF FITNESS HOLDERS seeking the Fire and Life Safety Director Certificate of Fitness F-89:
To view the CLASS SCHEDULE, REGISTER AND PAY for the Component(s) of the FLSD F-89 Course that you are missing, see below:
For the Active Shooter and Medical Emergency Component for F-25, F-58 and F-59 Holders Click Here
For the Non-Fire Emergency Component for F-25 and F-58 Holders Click Here (EAP)
To view the FLSD organizational charts Click Here
DO NOT PAY ANYWHERE on this page.
Current Holders of Certificates of Fitness F-25, F-58 and F-59 only, please see critical dates below:
December 1, 2016
1. The F-25 and F-58 Fire Safety Director Certificate of Fitness Holders and the F-59 Emergency Action Plan Director Certificate of Fitness Holders will no longer be allowed to renew these C of Fs. These C of Fs will no longer be issued by the FDNY.
2. All new Fire Safety Directors (F-58) or FS/EAP Directors (F-59) candidates who passed the on-site exam MUST attend the Active Shooter and Medical Emergency Preparedness Course to receive their new Certificate of Fitness Card F-85 (for FSDs) and F-89 (for FS/EAPDs).
September 4, 2017
1. All current F-25, F-58 and F-59 Certificate of Fitness Holders MUST attend the Active Shooter and Medical Emergency Preparedness Course. Only F-85 and F-89 Certificates of Fitness will be recognized by the FDNY.
September 3, 2018
1. All current F-85 Certificate of Fitness Holders MUST successfully complete the Fire Emergency Training Course.
March 1, 2019
1. All current F-85 Certificate of Fitness Holders MUST receive a passing grade on the Non-Fire Emergency FDNY CBT exam.
March 1, 2020
1. All current F-85 Certificate of Fitness Holders MUST obtain the F-89 Certificate of Fitness by passing the Non-Fire Emergency FDNY on-site exam or obtain the T-89 by satisfying the FDNY requirements.
Class Schedule (subject to change without notice)
If you pay online you are agreeing with the content of our Refund Policy.
To register and pay via charge, credit or debit card, including American Express, Master Card, Visa, JCB and Discover, please click on the corresponding "Register and Pay Now" link below or call 212-213-3434 during normal business hours.
To register and pay in advance via money order, corporate check, certified personal check or cash, please visit our office or send payment by mail (except cash) to: Radiant Training & Consulting, LLC, 566 Seventh Avenue, Suite 602, New York, NY 10018. We are located between 40th and 41st Street in Times Square.
NEW CANDIDATES seeking the Fire and Life Safety Director Certificate of Fitness F-89:
To pay the Course Fee of $480.00 please click the "Register and Pay Now" button below:
To view the Class Schedule for the three Components of the FLSD F-89 Course before paying:
Fire Emergency Component Click Here (Fire Safety)
Active Shooter and Medical Emergency Component Click Here
Non-Fire Emergency Component Click Here (EAP)
Please arrive to class ON TIME as classes start promptly.
If you have any questions, please Contact Us.